Re: [NTLK] Where to get Newton fonts as PC TrueType fonts

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 07:43:43 PDT

Frank Gruendel wrote:
> Now I'm stuck, and this is where you enter the stage.
> Either I am simply too dumb to make Word XP recognize
> bitmap fonts, or you give me a tip where I can download
> Geneva, New York and Espy Sans as a PC truetype font.
> Of course I'd prefer freeware, but I would also buy them
> if I have a chance to check that they will work first.

If you have access to a Mac and have the Mac versions I'm pretty sure
that you could convert them with Fontographer.
http://www.macromedia.com/software/fontographer/

AFAIR you have a trial period so you could use it just to convert these
fonts. There's also a PC version AFAIK but never tried it, only PC's I
se are under emulation... (Virtual PC on a Mac)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html