Re: [NTLK] Escale problems

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 21:12:38 PDT

Il me semble que le 28/08/03 à 22:04 -0500, Brandon Meyer nous racontait:
>I'm trying to connect to my newt using Escale. When I turn the airport
>off, select appletalk for the ethernet connection, and try to connect
>with Escale I can find my laptop with the newt, but as soon as I try to
>connect it makes the appletalk icon in Escale go light gray and the
>connection times out. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there
>something I'm missing?

It seems that something (the layer, the server or the link) crashed,
so the server was restarted. It is a bug we're not aware of, but the
information you provided is, unfortunately, not sufficient to fix the
bug.

Please, pretty please, if you can do a 15.6 MB download, we easily
can fix the bug with a simple test. Otherwise, I'm afraid there's
nothing we can do, since we don't experience this problem (plus I
never do AppleTalk myself, only Nicolas and Michael do, as AppleTalk
doesn't work with an Airport Extreme Base Station).

- download last night build (15.6 MB as mentioned)
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/nightlies/droopy/20030829031502.tgz
(for some reason (probably a bug), StuffIt Expander will seem to
decompress it twice, let it do it, what you're interested in is the
folder with 5 items in it)
- run the Debug version (in Debug folder of the PB folder)
- look if you experience the problem:
   - if you don't, the bug has been fixed, you can enjoy this nightly
build, much better than 1.0.1, just make sure you get Dock TCP 1.1 as
1.0 was buggy (http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/). Running
the Debug version helps us fixing bugs from messages in the console.
   - if you do, please open Console.app (in the Utilities folder of
the Applications folder at the root of your disk). There, you'll find
details about where and how the layer (more probably) or the link or
the server crashed. Look at everything that talks about exceptions
and send us the details. It should mention the file and the line in
the source code where the exception occurred, (look for lines with
"New Exception") as well as details about the exception.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/