Re: [NTLK] Irgh... i hate newtonpress....

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 19:11:28 PDT

The way I format my Newton books is I use the word
"press.dot" template that comes with Newton Press. If
I paginate the document according to this template,
then it will ALWAYS work out as a Newton Book. I never
have a problem.
You might want to look into this method.
As some additional info, I open the Word with the
template, I then paste the document I want turned into
a book into this template, I then page through it to
make sure that the page beginnings are correct, then I
save the document as an RTF, then I drag the RTF
document on top of the Newton Press icon and it's
done...
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- Andre Garzia <soapdog_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Newts,
>
> while in the proccess of making the green edge
> magazine, i am trying to=20=
>
> make newton press work. I have a couple articles I
> want to release=20
> before issue one so that community may give a little
> feedback. To see=20
> if i am doing it right. I wanted to release this
> pre-articles in=20
> newtonbook and web format. I am using a mac and
> trying to put the=20
> article in newton press, but damm, it paginates
> wrong!!!!!!! in the app=20=
>
> on the mac it all apears okay, but when transfered
> is wrong, it always=20=
>
> misses the last words...
>
> Can someone help? I am using universal layout (but i
> tried the others)=20=
>
> with new york font (but i did tried the others
> too)... is it the header=20=
>
> line i am puting? will book maker solve it? i do not
> have a PC=20
> (understand by pc, a wintel box... i do have a
> freebsd and a beos)....
>
> cheers
> Andre Garzia =EF=A3=BF 2003
> imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....=

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100