[NTLK] Ubinetcs GSM PCMCIA Card

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 18:28:26 PDT

Any change for this GSM PhoneCard to work with Newton?

http://tinyurl.com/latw

No GPRS or HSCSD here but very handy for eventual email/web and
cheeeeaper than Option GlobeTrotter or even a used Nokia CardPhone v2.0
on ebay.

Anyone in UK that can have access to one of these (maybe thru Expansys)
and insert it to see if our green friend recognizes it as a
communication card? If the card is at least recognized I would invest
in one and try to set up a functional modem script.

Hmmm, a little worried about the power requirements though: type II PC
Card slot providing 1A!!!! at 5V

lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html