Re: [NTLK] First NUG in Quebec [Was: Re: Erasing system patches on 2x00]

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 12:13:13 PDT

Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> BTW, since you didn't make the announcement to the list, I'd like to
> announce that the first Newton Users Group meeting has been held in the
> province of Quebec, Canada, at the beginning of August. It was
> certainly the
> first NUG meeting in Sherbrooke, where me and Robert met for the first
> time.
>
> Sure enough, we had a homemade 'poutine' and we did exchange on a lot
> of
> topics for a few hours. That was a last minute thing, though, so I
> appologize for others in Quebec that might have liked to join us.
> Robert did
> call me on my cellphone on Saturday morning, while I was still driving
> get to Canada.
>
> Anyway, we had a great time and it was great for me meeting Robert
> Benschop
> for the first time!

Yes, it was great! (and not only because of the poutine ;-)
Actually, apart from being in the middle of a deadline to get our
advertising agency online, I didn't announce anything so far because
the picture of this first QNUG meeting aren't online yet.
But a promise is a promise, they will be soon!
In case there are more Newton users in Quebec (or northern Vermont of
course) that would feel like joining us next summer, don't be shy...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html