Re: [NTLK] Erasing system patches on 2x00

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 23:43:03 PDT

Thats 100% correct.
I have performed the procedure about 4 times successfully, so there is a
good chance that this will work.
The very first time I have even tried the worst thing you can imagine: I put
in a DAMAGED ROM board, but after replacing that back with the original one
I achieved what I wanted.
Afterwords I used fully functional MP2x00 US and DE versions of the ROM
board to exchange.
But in principle this should work with DIFFERENT software versions of the
same language ROM as well.
This is in my opinion rather without risk, because the interface is made for
the ROM-board and the different language versions of the ROM boards differ
only in software.
It is another story if you are going to insert an Emate ROM - for that I am
not sure if the interface is exactly the same or not...

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html