Re: [NTLK] Using Mac dongle with PC?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 01:03:14 PDT

What you mean with Mac-Dongle?
There is a dongle for the MP2x00 that fits into the NIC port of the Newt
(flat plug) and provides an 8 pin mini-DIN female connector on the other
end.
That can be used for any serial connection.
For the Mac you use a serial cable with 2 mini-DIN connectors and for the PC
you use a cable with mini-DIN at one end and a SUB-D 9 on the other end.
There are also versions of the dongle with the cable already fixed to the
dongle.
Those you can use for one type of connection only, depending on how they are
configured: Mac OR PC.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html