Re: [NTLK] 2000 upgrade

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 16:07:29 PDT

> Should I take the guts from the 2100 and put it in the 2000 but keep
> the new screen and enclosure? I am not happy at the risk of this major

> Newton surgery!

It's not that difficult. See
http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

> Out of interest, can I steal the memory module from the 2100 and put
it
> in the 2000? This would save a meaty purchase from www.pixsolution.com

There is no memory module. Upgrading a 2000 requires unsoldering two
fine-pitch memory chips and soldering two different ones back on.

> Do people recommend a motherboard swap or a memory instal? And
remember
> if I can cannibalise the 2100 for its memory.

If I were you, I'd swap the motherboard.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html