Re: [NTLK] emate docking station

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 10:36:16 PDT

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 07:34 AM, Mark Rollins wrote:

> [NTLK] emate docking station
>
> How hard would it be to make a shelf with two spring-loaded contacts,
> said
> contacts wired to the appropriately-chosen charger? Probably need some
> plastic posts to act as stops on the back and side, but it could be an
> easy
> Saturday project. Surely not as elegant as the OEM stand, but you can
> come
> home and toss your e-mate onto the charging shelf...
Back from my trip.... Ugh traveling with the family.

I thought of Grant when i was in calgary, but didn't get a chance to
bug him...

10 Days on the road, about 2000 miles (I did all the driving). I
forgot to set vacation mode so I am just catching up.

Lovely to sleep in for a change(10AM).

I built such a "charging station" as described above for my MP 120,
which also included a light on an arm (i used an automotive dome light
bulb). I built it out of wood, and for the contacts I used copper
wires I tinned with solder, and this worked Aok for a couple of years
on my desk. Then I got my 2000.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html