[NTLK] PT100

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 07:59:20 PDT

So, in lieu of an SSH client, I had a friend put linux on an old imac,
stuffed it full of unix software and enabled telnet. Back on my Newton
I tossed my internet apps to make room and put PT100 back on. I have to
say, from an afternoon of trying to use it though, all does not seem
right. I'm connecting to the internet over a wireless card, and the
signal seems otherwise pretty good, but in PT100 I'm having 4 or 5
second delays in typing and constant disconnects. Anybody else have any
experience with this? I got excited when I managed to get Links (a 'nix
web-browser) fired up via telnet, but it disconnected almost
immediately.

This would be so cool if it worked right. You could enable telnet on an
OS X machine and put NTAIM (a real AOL instant messenger client that
works with iChat!!) Links, Pine, whatever on it, and you could do SO
MUCH. Without ever having to cram a bunch of packages on the newton.
The possibilities are endless.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html