Re: [NTLK] Connecting to a G4

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 05:14:55 PDT

Il me semble que le 21/08/03 à 7:06 -0500, Matt Lichtenberg nous racontait:
>hate to jump in in the middle of the debate, but.
>correct me if i'm wrong. but isn't FireWire the same (electrically) as
>IEEE1394, a completely non-Apple-invented standard?

FireWire is the first name of IEEE 1394 (another name is I.Link as
you mention it) and it was invented by Apple. In fact, the name "IEEE
1394" is the name of a standard and it actually appeared when Apple's
specification was standardized.

Cf: http://www.1394ta.org/Technology/

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/