Re: [NTLK] [OT] FaxSFT (to Paul Guyot)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 00:22:28 PDT

Paul Vaughan wrote:
> When I did the clean install, it simply installed a
> "new" system folder, and left everything else intact;
> including the problems.
>
> That's why I'm now thinking of wiping the drive
> completely and starting again.
>
> I was just a bit worried that MacOSX may not like
> having a totally clean drive to reinstall onto.
> Digital Rights Management is now so clever, and I
> don't have a 'bought copy' of OSX 10.2, just the
> software install disk that came with the eMac.

In this case I would start fresh on a formatted drive (doesn't sound
like you know where the problem was, otherwise you might maybe be abel
to 'just' fix your problem of course...)
About the digital rights management, luckily Apple isn't there yet and
I hope they never will, MS has this horrible/incredible policy.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html