Re: [NTLK] Connecting to a G4

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 23:42:21 PDT

NO, NO, NO

Mac like serial connectors are Mini-DIN, NOT DB9 which is SUB-D and standard
for the WINDOS world.
The main question here is really the terminology.
Normally modern Macs are all equipped with USB because this was invented by
Mac.
To get the connectivity for old serial (RS-232 like) applications there is
this USB to serial converter.
In order to connect your Newt you need a Mini-DIN connector.
Either you need another adapter (DB 9 to mini-DIN) or you can get a USB to
serial adaptor with mini-DIN connector for the serial connection.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html