[NTLK] [OT] FaxSFT (ex: Re: Addendum to Frank Gruendel's Fax story)

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 03:20:36 PDT

Il me semble que le 19/08/03 à 11:01 +0100, Paul Vaughan nous racontait:
>She tries to get FaxSTF to work on the eMac. No
>luck-it's as if it doesn't really exist on the machine
>(even though she can see it in 'applications').

In theory, you use FaxSTF by making sure it's added in the Print
Center and then printing, selecting it in the list of printers.

But, FaxSTF is probably the most hatred piece of software that comes
with MacOS X. No one likes it, it's so pathetic. I might have been
successful in sending one or two faxes with it, but how many
failures! MacOS 10.2 users on French newsgroups prefer PageSender (I
haven't tried it myself, it's a shareware) and Panther will come with
a fax feature built-in (I read/heard).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/