Re: [NTLK] The Diamond Age

From: Andre Garzia (soapdog_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 22:55:14 PDT

Mr Dale,

The Diamond Age is by far one of my prefered books ever! I have all of=20=

Neal Stephenson's books. He is the very best sci-fi author of modern=20
days, what he did in the cryptonomicon, snowcrash and the diamond age=20
is a marvel. I know no other author (beside terry pratchet) with that=20
creativity and talent to bring four consecutive great books (i am=20
counting the zodiac too)!

Yes, I too though the young ladys primer was a PDA like device. And=20
every time i pick up my message pad i think, that is the way we should=20=

be going, thats the first step to the diamond age.

I am vary happy to know that other people like this book! by the way,=20
this book won the Nebula prize (or it was the Hugo prize?!) for best=20
sci-fi book of that year. It's a true marvel.

if you ever manage to put it into newtonbook format we will have the=20
best eLibrary in the world. We already have all heinlein and poe, i can=20=

convert all lovecraft i think. Stephenson is a must too!

I am very interest in newtonbooks like this!

Cheers
Andre Alves Garzia (editor-in-chief for The Green Edge Magazine,=20
www.thegreenedge.net)

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 02:38 AM, Dale Chapman wrote:

> I've been enjoying some of the newtonbooks that various listers have
> been offering and it came to mind that a book by the title "The =
Diamond
> Age" is right on track with much of what we do day in and out with our
> newtons.
>
> Question one - Does anyone have a newtonbook version of this book?
> Question two - if not (Q1) is there anyone else interested in =
something
> like this - i'm tempted to do a bunch of scanning to get this book
> into newt format.
>

> If you're unfamiliar with the book - it's a SF look at a "book" that
> teaches a young girl everything and essentially trains her to live,
> think, etc. i think it is a very cool look at how wireless tech and a
> fabulous PDA could come together.
>
> thanks
> dale
>
> Sometimes the seas are calm
> and that is good.
> Sometimes the seas are not calm
> and that is the way it is.
>
> --=20
> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all=20
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Andre Alves Garzia =EF=A3=BF 2003 =EF=A3=BF BRAZIL
http://www.soapdog.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html