Re: [NTLK] Recognition of double t

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 13:03:17 PDT

On Friday 15 August 2003 18:19, Thomas Hart wrote:
> You could also try just writing your double t the way you normally do
> beside an h and correct the double t until the newt gets it. I had a
> similar problem with captial i which was always being interpreted as the
> number 9. Not any more though.

That only works if you use the cursive recognizer.

That said, nothing prohibits you from using cursive HWR while writing
print. I found you often get the best of both worlds that way. I have the
habit of writing "ij" (which is a common combination of characters in
Dutch) in one stroke, as "ÿ". Sure enough, when using the printed
recognizer, Newton consistently translated it as the latter, and there was
no way of "teaching" the Newton that I actually meant something else. But
after switching to the cursive recognizer (all the while writing in print)
the Nezton "got it" in a matter of minutes!

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.