Re: [NTLK] After the blackout-is everyone ok?

From: Scotty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 22:37:35 PDT

Jonathan Ramos wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I guess the list wasn't at all affected by the massive blackout in the
>northeast US. Hopefully everybody in New York, Cleveland, Detroit,
>Ontario, and everywhere else that shut down is all right. It would be
>nice to hear from all regular listers from these parts check in with us.
>I've been hearing stories from friends and associates from all over the
>place; most of them funny and lighthearted.

yes i was not surprised when the power went out since my building has
power failures all the time. imagine my surprise when i got downtown and
all the traffic lights were out, the gridlock was reaching epic levels;
buses were lined up as far as the eye could see, and civilians were
doing ad-hoc traffic direction. for me it has been great, i have been
enjoying a 2-day inpromptu holiday. the mood in Ottawa last night can
best be summed up as festive. folks were out walking, talking, sitting
on proches; the parks were loaded with people just relaxing. there was a
spontaneous and fun atmosephere surrounding everything. all in all
probably the best 2 days of the summer so far! maybe not so good for
people in elevators or aboard roller-coasters. .. but on this end all is
well that ended well. also i must admit that it's nice to be back on line!

scotty t

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html