Re: [NTLK] Petro/GW/Geol Newts?

From: lvr (lvrooy_at_iafrica.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 04:38:43 PDT

On 13aug03 Matthew Boulanger typed:
>the canada geologic survey using Newtons to do data collection. they
>used FieldWorker software and GPS.

Wonder what thier accuracy was. Probably applied a correction at the office
or used it only for reconnaissance work. A GPS is a tremendous leap for
geological mapping, but then again, only one tool in a long list.

I did a quick search of my list summaries, but could not find a mention of
anybody that actually used/still using FieldWorker, but I might have missed
some NTLK.s. I don't want to start the discussion all over, but it looks
like its FieldWorker to go for. I must admit, though, I haven't investigate
the possibilities extensively and am only following the duscussions on the
list.
BTW, I thought you were from Germany, or of German speaking origen.
regards

Les
ZAR

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html