Re: [NTLK] problem to send an email in SimpleMail

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 03:22:38 PDT

 Hi,

I had the same problem when I first set up my Newt for
WiFi. I could receive email, and surf the web, but not
send email.

I finally traced the problem to the SMTP address I was
using. I found that I needed to set the SMTP address
to the address of the ISP I use, regardless of what
POP server I actually use.

In other words, even though I use .Mac and Yahoo for
my email, and have these set as my POP servers, I
needed to set "mail.optusnet.com.au" as the SMTP
address, as that's my ISP's address.

Hope this helps.

Paul

--- Kim Eric <msmmgr_at_hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a
following set up for internet access:

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html