Re: [NTLK] (no subject)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 10:26:04 PDT

On Saturday, August 9, 2003, at 07:40 AM, John Derbyshire wrote:

>> Actually, you can get up to 7.5.5. 7.5.3 was very buggy.
>
> By chance I need System 7 to run an wonderful legacy program called
> Comic
> Strip Factory for my students, either on a Powerbook 520 or a G3 Kanga
> Powerbook. Which variety of System 7 would be most reliable? I
> believe
> that the G3 Kanga can run System 7.6 (seen on Low End Mac guide to G3
> Powerbooks). Is this right?

Personally I recommend 7.5.5. 7.6 was the first release that cost $ so
7.5.5 was the last free MacOS. Also, IMHO 7.6 introduced several bug
that don't appear in 7.5.5.

You need to download and install the 7.5.3 system, then update to
7.5.5, and if you want internet access, you also need to install Open
transport and opentransport PPP (for dialup).

Good Luck,
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html