[NTLK] -48809 apon restarting

From: George Bingham (georgebingham_at_swbell.net)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 12:20:46 PDT

Hi All,

    Thanks for all the great advice and continuing
Newton Development that this group encourages so well!

    I am getting the above error which indicates
"Undefined method" after restarting. Here's what
happened: I had bought a 32 Meg pcmcia flash card to
replace my 20 Meg card, and so when it arrived, I did
a fresh backup, and then put in my new 32 meg card and
did a restore. Now, each time I restart, I get the
above error after it has activated both it's internal
packages and it's external packages on the 32 meg
card. (i.e. one error after having activated all
packages).

    I don't know what's causing this, as all the
software I use on here seems to work, (after the
restore, everything seems to be there, and works) but
I do have a theory. I am thinking that I have a lot of
stuff installed on here that requires other packages
to work, such as xml-rpc, (relies on nHttp-Lib I
think), Mad Newton (mad max and mp3codec), Modplayer
(modplayerASM), as well as others.

    I am wondering if I've got a version mismatch or
some combination of software on here that's old that I
no longer need (possibly Mad Streamer extension, which
Mad Newton may no longer need, as i recall).

    Basically, what I'm hoping for is that if someone
has encountered this error apon restarting and was
able to trace it down to something and can remember
what, tell me about it and it might jog my memory as
to what extension goes with what software, etc.

    Right now I am lost since I've got so much stuff
on here and can't recall exactly what goes with what
anymore. And there's too much in my Newton to list on
here, although that may be what's necessary to figure
this out.

Thanks for your consideration,

George Bingham

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html