Re: [NTLK] newton 2100 power fried?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:05:08 PDT

OK, I see it, it's the D2 in this picture:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed/xtal2/img0008.htm

It seems to be some kind of rectifier (brings voltage
down to a specific value)
Seems that your wall plug voltage was too high.

The good part is that it's not THAT small and should
be a readily available part. Shouldn't be too
difficult to replace if you can find an equivalent
replacement.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "Jeffrey D. Knapp" <jeff.d.knapp_at_verizon.net>
wrote:
> The black thing next to D2.

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100