Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Courier 0.1 (Web browser)

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 11:06:24 PDT

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:46:03 -0400, Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Basicially, if there's a double-slash anywhere other than separating the
> protocol and the path, consider it a single slash.

That's what I thought. But it seems that slashdot uses two slashes to
indicate the host name... like Windows UNC paths (which use \\).

> OTOH, I thought it didn't support tables yet, but somehow Scotty got
> slashdot
> to show up? Or was he using the mobile version of their page?

No, Courier just strips everthing which doesn't make sense on a mobile
device (including scripts, style sheets and tables). And the result is
actually quite readable - I tested it on a number of table-heavy pages.
Opera recently introduced the same mechanism as something
revolutionary, but basically, they're doing the same.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html