Re: [NTLK] NCU issues with MP120

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 10:19:46 PDT

Benjamin Rutledge wrote:

> I am attempting to connect my MP120 to my ThinkPad 600X running Windows XP
> with NCU 1.0 from UNNA. Can anyone tell me why I can't get the two to talk?

Possibilities:
-your serial port is disabled? (Check the BIOS or Device Manager)
-your serial port is conflicting with the IR port? (Used to happen to me on
older laptops with Win98, always had to disable the IR port to use serial)
-your 120 runs OS 1.3? NCU will only connect to NewtonOS 2.0 or greater.
For NOS 1.x, use NCK:

http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/connection_utils/ForPC/NewtonConnectionKit/

-bad serial cable
-wrong serial speed selected (on either the NCU side or the Newton side)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html