[NTLK] Stolen Newton Alert

From: F. Edward Barrett (feb_at_traverse.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 15:24:36 PDT

Dear Newtontalkers:

I haven't been regularly subscribed to this list in a while but I would like to
report a stolen MessagePad 2100. It was stolen out of my car at the Park 'N' Jet
long-term parking near the Chicago O'Hare airport. I know, I know, you're wondering
why I left it in such a place, what can I say, I'm a dope. Anyway, The serial
number from the box at home is JE71167J9BU and is an upgraded 2000, and it still had
the upgrade sticker under the interconnect door. It was in a black Abcom bag, and
the bag also contained a Megahertz XJ3288 Modem (I think that's the model number--
it's the orange one with X-Jack and cellular capability), the interconnect dongle, a
pc-mac serial cable, and the 9-volt power supply. The MessagePad had a 12MB Pretec
Flash card and a blank in the slots, and a rechargable battery (which was just about
dead, and requires me to punch the reset button when it goes). It also had a chrome
PDA Panache stylus. It was stolen somewhere between the 24th and 31st of July. If
anybody happens to run across it, would they please let me know? And if not, does
anyone want to buy my keyboard and the bag they go into :( ?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html