[NTLK] Using the Newton as an input device for a Mac OS X computer?

From: Rob Frohne (frohro_at_wwc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 16:01:39 PDT

Hi All,

I would like to be able to use my Newton 2100 as an input device for
Mac OS X. Can it be used kind of as a scratch pad for a Mac? I am an
engineering professor, and often have students call in the evening for
assistance on homework. It would be so much easier if I could scratch
some figures and equations down so that they could see what I mean more
easily. I have a fast internet connection at home and the students
have a similar thing at school. I've tried some of the whiteboard
software, and find that trying to write equations using the trackpad of
my powerbook isn't as easy as I thought it might be. Writing on my
Newton sure is easy though.

Thanks,

Rob

--