Re: [NTLK] Differences between 2100 and upgraded 2000?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 12:29:36 PDT

Be careful though. I have found out that if I do a
brain-wipe and restore with my Dashboard equipped
MP2000, none of the stored Launcher shortcuts will
work. I have to go into the Launcher setup and
re-associate all shortcuts to the application or
script that they were pointing to originally. And with
over 50 different shortcuts, this makes for a tedious
task.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Edward Humes <ehumes_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 11:23 AM, Victor
> Rehorst wrote:
>
> > Restoring a 2000's backup onto a 2100 will have no
> ill effects. Only
> > packages, soup data, and system configuration
> settings are backed up,
> > not OS
> > patches or anything like that. Your HWR learning
> will also be
> > restored - it's
> > stored along with your user preferences.
> >
> That's great -- and certainly makes life easierl!
> Thank you Victor and
> Laurent.
>
> Ed Humes

=====
"If the nation escalates to 'red alert', you will de assumed by athorities to be the enemy if you so much as venture outside your home."
 - Sid Caspersen, NJ's director of the office of counter-terrorism