Re: [NTLK] Package Installs and Backups in OS X

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 12:18:01 PDT

OK so I am really impressed ... couple questions though:

What do I need to do to make my Newton use TCP/IP/Rendezvous? My only
viable option under connection type in the Newton Dock Utility is
"AppleTalk" which I have now tried several times with no real success.

I have been able to connect to my G4 and my Pismo but not actually
accomplish anything. No errors, just nothing happens. If I choose
synchronize my Newton will act as though it is syncing albeit REALLY
slow, slower than serial. If I choose install package - same thing, no
actually progress occurs. Feedback on the status of whatever I am doing
from Escale seems spotty.

I trying using my desktop keyboard and both Escale and my Newton seemed
to understand what was spose to happen, but my keyboard did not do
anything to the Newton - just gave me error beeps on my Mac.

Anything more I should be doing? It seems like it should be very
straight forward from what you have put together.

Oh, and what does it sync? Just Address Book for now?

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html