Re: [NTLK] emate hinge repair

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 06:09:21 PDT

Yes, you will need to do the service on both hinges. However, I would
use a light synthetic grease, instead of oil, before you install the
washers. Oil tends to drip and ooze all over, and will eventually dry,
or evaporate...and possibly turn to "varnish" which will exacerbate the
hinge problems again. I've used Superlube (I think Dupont makes it),
which is a Teflon-impregnated silicone grease. Use a toothpick to work
the grease deeply under the spring coils. Make sure the spring ends
haven't shortened too much, because you should also bend these around
the screw, before installing the washers, to keep them from shortening
in the future.=20

--=20
  Anthony Velasco, USFWS-Ecologist/ecotoxicologist

             ecotone_tv_at_hotmail.com

This Newt's trekking through cactusland and lov'n it!
Managing Sales and Licensing for Newton Software at:

 http://www.thisoldnewt.com/~tactilesales/index.html
or http://www.tactile.com - Tactile Systems, Inc.
Contact me via the above E-mail for more information