[NTLK] Apple Modem

From: Jon Wright (jgw_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 02:16:06 PDT

A new question for the experts ....

I have looked back through the archive but it is hard to find a close
match. I have purchased (from ebay) an old modem card manufactured (or
rebadged) by Apple Australia. It is called on the box "Modem Card v34"
and in clearly states on the packaging that it supports "Powerbook,
Newton and Notebook". So far, so good.

Plug it into the top slot on my N2000 and I get the famous: "The
battery on this card must be replaced. Your information may be lost".
When I plug it into my powerbook the tag says "Apple V34 PCMCIA Modem
Card" so the card has something on it.

I know there is some question about patches and this problem but I
believe that I am up to date with "ROM Version 2.1 (717260)-1

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html