Re: [NTLK] Downloading/installing packages with osx

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 12:56:05 PDT

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 08:50 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Il me semble que le 29/4/03 =E0 08:36 -0700, Edward Humes nous =
racontait:
>> I successfully installed my orinico silver wavelan card via Airport.
>> Everything is working (except I had to deactiviate WEP; newton=20
>> couldn't
>> find my computer with it on, even with hexadecimal code provided).
>
> You're a registered user of Hiroshi's driver? Do you use DCHP?
Not yet (just downloaded yesterday to try out; will register today! and=20=

yes, using DCHP.

> I never had any issue with WEP and Hiroshi Noguchi's WiFi driver
> except that it was not very easy to setup at first (especially these
> old buggy versions of the driver).

So should I just try setting up again and trying WEP until it takes?

>> My other problem is making packages installable from my iBook.=20
>> guidance?
>
> You might want to try Packager, a MacOS X native utility that does
> exactly the same than PackType.

Packager works like a charm; I didn't realize packtype would not=20
function in osx. Got Simple Mail up and running now in no time. Thank=20=

you so much!

Now, on to a web browser (user friendliest preferred) Any=20
recommendations?

Thank you Paul and other list members. You are the best.
Ed Humes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html