Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Case Cracking from SER-001?

From: Ben Klang (ben_at_alkaloid.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 08:41:26 PDT

This is standard practice among airplanes. When you get a crack in wing
fairings a cheap way to "fix" the problem is to drill that small hole in
the plastic. It keeps you from having to replace the fairings until
they are *really* bad.
Just my $0.02.

> your SER-001 is properly seated. I've read that you can stop a crack
> from spreading by drilling a small hole at the terminus of the crack - I

PS. In case I just worried any of you, the plastic that is cracked and
being drilled has absolutely no structural value, only aerodynamic.
IOW, its perfectly safe :)

-BAK

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html