Re: [NTLK] color?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 16:33:23 PDT

Andrew Shooner (shooner.3_at_osu.edu) wrote:

> I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that the Mp2x00s and
> emates were designed
> with the possibility of implementing color. Is this true or a bunch of
> baloney?

True -- just like the original Macintosh was designed with the
possibility of implementing color (8 colors including black and white, to
be precise). Some software written back in 1984 even used this feature
and when the first color-capable Macs arrived, they actually implemented
the old, obsolete 8-color-model on top of QuickDraw's 24/48-bit color model.

With NOS 2.1, you specify 48-bit colors just as with QuickDraw, only
those colors will be reduced to 16 shades of gray.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de