Re: [NTLK] Newton + Palm Keyboard

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 02:31:55 PDT

On Sunday 27 April 2003 08:00, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
> In a previous message, Karl and Kathleen typed vigorously:
> >I was just in OfficeMax today looking at this keyboard thinking, " How
> >cool would it be to be able to use this with my Newt!"
> >
> >Funny I should find this on the net tonight.
> >
> >http://www.splorp.com/newton/stowaway/
>
> It is cool. Keep in mind that the current pinout diagram and driver only
> work with the Palm III version of the Stowaway.

It's /extremely/ cool, Grant. You have my eternal gratitude, and if I had
daughters I'd present them to you, in wedlock or in sin.(*)

I have only one question left: Does anyone know of a source for
Stowaway-compatible plugs? I'd like to use the keyboard with my Newton and
with my Palm, and having to de- and re-solder wires everytime I switch
machines is kind of a downer. :)

____
(*) Okay, all you PC-types out there, that was a *joke*. Kids, don't try to
give away your sisters at home.

--
Karel Jansens.
Don't send me HTML-based e-mails, my mail program is set up to ignore them.