Re: [NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Mac User (jerry7171_at_sio.midco.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 21:11:03 PDT

I purchased the iMac brand new, factory-sealed (atleast to the best of
my memory) back in December of '98 and it was precisely the same as it
is today, with the serial port built in.

I've learned more in just the last few hours about my older iMac than
in all the years that I've owned it. It was languishing in the closet
since I purchased a speedier, newer indigo iMac just this past January,
but with the purchase of the MP130, I brought it back out and fired it
back up to use for syncing since I don't have the serial-->USB
converters yet.

I'm watching eBay right now for one of those converters as I would
prefer to eventually just sync in OS X instead of OS 9 (or worse yet OS
8--assuming I can locate those discs from all those years ago).

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far everyone.

Cheers,

Jerry Fisher

We all may be laying in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at
the stars.

Oscar Wilde

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html