Re: [NTLK] WEP vs Airport

From: Matthew Robinson (matthew_at_crescent.org.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 14:25:21 PDT

Hex or hexidecimal is simply a numbering system, we use decimal or base 1=
0, =

computers use hexidecimal or base 16.

To create a WEP key take the hex characters:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F

and make a string, I forget how many chars long but I'm sure that the sof=
tware =

will complain until you get the right length.

put this on both the base station and the card in your newt and voila - =

security.

ps You can spell DEADBEEF in hex numbers :-)

 =

 =

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html