Re: [NTLK] Problem with Flash card

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 06:08:22 PDT

Il me semble que le 24/4/03 à 14:51 +0200, Robert Benschop nous racontait:
> > Does the positive error number suggest a Flash failure or just horribly
>> corrupt soup?
>
>Positive errors are hardware, thus not boding well for your card :-(

Big positive errors. If I read properly, Andy got 0 and 8 errors
which are just bus errors, i.e. attempt by some piece of code to
access parts of the memory which are not accessible (and this is the
case here).

Still, this is a bad sign. It might be caused by a bug in the linear
store engine (I think it's particularly picky when the store gets
completely full), or a data corruption at a higher level that a
software with native code doesn't like. I don't think it's linked to
a damaged card. Damaged cards introduces other errors.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/