Re: [NTLK] Problem with Flash card

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 03:52:26 PDT

Thanks for that Robert.

Simplemail not shutting down gave me problems because I couldn't power the
Newt off. I'd forgotten about the reset with extensions off until this
morning when it didn't want to play.

Since I got your reply I tried again. Still the same error. Then I tried
the prefs trick with no luck. Then another reset without extensions and
-BINGO- it's working again. I'm taking a backup even as I type this. Then I
suppose a brain wipe and restore.

Does the positive error number suggest a Flash failure or just horribly
corrupt soup?
If a soup is mangled when it's backed up, by that I mean structure damaged
rather than just duff data. Will the structure be rebuilt when I restore or
will it still be mangled.

Cheers.

Andy.
Next time this would happen it is better to restart with all extensions

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html