Re: [NTLK] Posting .pkqs on the Web

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:46:19 PDT

Yeah,
You need to set the correct MIME type for the PKG
file. You do this on the web server. If you're using
Apache or other unix based server, it's easiest to
create a .htaccess file and put the MIME definition in
there, if you have Windows, you can enter the MIME
definition in IIS. It's pretty straight forward.
The MIME for Newton's PKG is:
Associated extention PKG
Content Type (MIME)
application/x-newton-compatible-pkg

I gave some good links to MIME type definitions and
how to set them up on a previous email...I'm sure that
a search of the Archives on MIME will return most
pages about this subject.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
> On woensdag, apr 23, 2003, at 07:23
> Europe/Amsterdam, Will Ross wrote:
> > How do you post packages on a personal web site?
> Whenever I try it with
> > my Newted account, NetHopper gives me an error
> about how it can't
> > translate it or something. Thanks.
>
> IIRC you need to set the correct MIME settings, I'm
> pretty sure that
> it's in the archive, especially Ed Kummel posted
> about this a couple of
> times.
>

> Robert Benschop

=====
"If the nation escalates to 'red alert', you will de assumed by athorities to be the enemy if you so much as venture outside your home."
 - Sid Caspersen, NJ's director of the office of counter-terrorism