Re: [NTLK] NewtSync problems

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 21:39:55 PDT

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 03:31 Uhr, Winston MacKelvie wrote:

> Are you using a Keyspan? If so, mine only worked on input 2.
> Select USA2811P2..., select package, hit Connect by Serial on Newt,
> click on Install Package on NewTen.

No, I'm using an Ethernet card and could install the NewtSync package
via NCU. My problem isn't with installing the package, but simply after
doing so how exactly do I configure it. I assume it has something to do
with creating a "New Setup" with Internet Setup, which I've done, and
entering the numbers there, which I've tried. I just don't know where
exactly to put them in (Local IP Address? Subnet Mask? Gateway/Router?
Primary DNS/Server?). After trying the numbers in a couple of different
places I always get the message: "Cannot connect to the specified
address."

Thanks at least for trying to answer my question, Winston.

chris searles

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html