Re: [NTLK] Subject: emate power issue

From: Andrew Shooner (shooner.3_at_osu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 21:19:10 PDT

Alex,

Your problem might come from a mis-seated plunger/display housing
issue. If you look on the
left side of your emate's display component, you see a very small bump
that is meant to push in the plunger below it, which in turn pushes a
switch that turns the emate on or off. If your emate thinks the lid is
closed (plunger up) then I think after a normal sleep time it will shut
down rather than just sleep. a dirty
fix to that problem is to tape down the plunger, and just be sure to
turn off your emate when you're done using it, or at least have sleep
turned on.

It may also have to do with a memory card. Do you use one? I have been
having a problem with my emate inexplicably powering off after recent
writing to my pc card. after ejecting the card and starting up, i can
mount it again without a problem. hope this helps.

If you suspect the plunger, you might try some general fiddling before
my pretty unsatisfying solution. hope this helps good luck.

Andy S.

Go Buckeyes!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html