Re: [NTLK] best way to clean stylus?

From: Mark (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 18:25:32 PDT

.

>Victor's suggestion worked wonderfully--thank you, Victor. I used a
>very fine emery buffer (provided by my wife, amused to see beauty
>products applied to computer technology) and made a couple of
>careful, gentle swipes on the problem part of the tip. This either
>dislodged the grit or filed it down to irrelevance. I'm keeping a
>careful eye on it, though, to see if the problem recurs.
>
>That said, I've ordered a stylus from PDA Panache (I was worried my
>stylus would become unusable) as a backup. And Mark, I was so glad I
>had a NuShield in place--it took the bullet for my scratch-free
>MP2100. As a precaution I removed the scratched-up NuShield (worried
>that the numerous scratches might have "weakened" its ability to
>protect) and replaced it with a fresh one. Great product.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff

Actually, the NuShield films do not act like glass, that is, a scratch
will not act as a flaw center and cause catastrophic failure. The part
that is affected is the treatment on the film, not the film itself, which
is very tough and difficult to tear (just try it sometime!). The only
reason to replace a NuShield is aesthetics.

Mark

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net