Re: [NTLK] Recent Barcode wand setup

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 10:46:07 PDT

Qu 0/8/oting Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>:

> Well, nuts... I was under the impression that since the wand was self
> contained, it worked like a keyboard and would be able to input data into
> any app - including Notepad. Sorry if I led anyone down the wrong path
> with their purchase from Mark. To be honest, I hadn't played with the
> scanner I got from Mark until last night, and I could get it to light up
> using PT100, but that's all...

Just checking, Grant, but did you configure PT100 to conform to the serial
format, namely:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=105087961528819&w=2

This doesn't say if the scanner will transmit with 7 or 8 data bits, nor does
it specify if hardware (CTS/RTS) flow control should be on or off - I would
suspect for a device like this it would be off.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html