Re: [NTLK] new lunasuite builds?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 12:49:54 PDT

on 19/04/03 13:51, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On zaterdag, apr 19, 2003, at 16:52 Europe/Amsterdam, George Bingham
> wrote:
>> Is the source really available? Where?
>> I " tried " to use Lunasuite once, I could'nt get it to do anything
>> right for me. I was quite dissapointed with it. It had so much
>> poitential (like the Newton itself). I just thought it needed more
>> work, which it might get if its source went public!
>
> AFAIK there went a lot of work in the original releases so I wouldn't
> expect too much from a rebuild, especially considering the (for a
> Newton) massive size of the app.
>
> You can still dream though....

Not only that, but the build requires a few external tools that you have to
buy, plus the source is, according to the author, a bit "messy", so
definitely not something I would like to be involved in...

-Laurent.

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or
electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial
knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that
they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video
board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year
2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and
CompUSA.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html