Re: [NTLK] Extreme newbie basic questions here

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 23:59:49 PDT

On zaterdag, apr 19, 2003, at 07:32 Europe/Amsterdam, Mac User wrote:
> Any particular software titles that come to mind that would be good for
> getting basic communication between my iMac and my Newt that run in OS
> X without the need to revert to Classic (since I ditched Classic a long
> time ago)?

You'll find all apps for this on
http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB3
The last app (he Desktop Connection Library) is the only one that will
do all for you but is still under development.
NewtSync been around longer but won't do any installs.
There's another one but you need a serial connection and you didn't
list that you have a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter so that point seems
moot...

> Is it practical or possible to wirelessly get onto the Internet with a
> MP 130? If yes, what should I be looking for?

Not possible since the 130 doesn't do Ethernet, so the only answer is a
Newton with OS 2.1 (2x00 or eMate)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html