[NTLK] faralon etherwave help on emate

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 23:16:04 PDT

ok... trying to set up a farallon ethernet etherwave device to use with
an appletalk conection to my mac. Installed all the NIE2.0 packages on
the emate, then realized I didnt really have to, bc this etherwave thing
is not seen as an ethernet card.. it connects over serial to the emate...
so... when I try to select in appletalk prefs on the emate "connect via
ethertalk", it asks for a driver.. when i put nothing, it reverts back to
"connect via localtalk".
I tried the connection... lights flashing on the etherwave when I select
ethernet in appletalk on the mac... but then when I try to connect using
dock on the emate... all i get is the emate searching, no lights on the
adapter... no activity.

Wondering if anyone can figure what I am doing wrong here... or is this
just a stupid thing to be trying to figure out at 2am...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html