[NTLK] NewtSync peculiarities...

From: Matthew Reidsrow (junkmail_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 16:04:16 PDT

So I finally decided to accept the fact that I like both my Palm and my
Newton. My guilt at using a teeny tiny little PDA has vanished, and I've
decided to make my life easier, I'd like to sync them both to my iCal
calender and my Address book on my iBook running Jaguar 10.2.5. And then the
peculiarities started...

The Newton has the complete list of contacts and dates, so I decided to sync
it first to iCal and Address book via NewtSync. I installed NS v3k (thanks
John, great app!) on both the Newt (2k) and the iBook and started syncing
over TCP/IP. The first time went very well, (although slow to account for
the 150 or so Names I have in the Newt ~1.5 hours) but the Dates showed only
25 entries. I knew I had more entries than that. But, alas, I waited until
Newtsync was done...

...and I waited...

...and waited....

Newtsync never finished. In fact, it got to the point where it had synced
"26 of 25 records" and just sat there. For 45 minutes before I just closed
the window.

So I tried again. This time Dates said it had 90 records, and synced 91 of
them. Again it hung up at the end.

The third time I got 233 records, and Newtsync hung up at 234. No changes
occured in my iCal calender from the original 25 record sync to the 233
record sync. (i.e. nothing showed up). It's been 2 hours, and Newtsync is
still at 234 records. Any suggestions?

Also, because it never ends, it claims I have never synced the Newton (in
the prefs).

Other details: I used a brand new, blank calender in iCal (the only calender
I had) to accept the sync info. I have yet to sync the Palm. One PDA at a
time. :)

TIA,

-msr

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html