Re: [NTLK] Recommendations for buying a Newton

From: ALAN SHAW (alanshaw_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 14:11:56 PDT

Quoting Matthew Miller
>Do the differences (faster processor, larger display, etc) between the
>130 and 2000/2100 warrant about double the price?

My answer to your question would be YES! As you may have seen from my
recent post, I just got a 2100 Friday after using a 130 for three
years. The 2100 runs circles around the 130. Specs I've read say the
StrongARM chip in the 2x00 series is 10 times faster than the chip in
the 1x0 series, but uses only 25 percent of the power. Amazing. See my
earlier post, "Got my 2100," for further improvements the 2x00 posesses.

Alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html