Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #200

From: JimRCGMO (jimrcgmo_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 16:37:28 PDT

On 04/12/2003, George Bingham wrote:

>> Hello again everyone,
>>
>> I just got home with my rew D-Link wireless router, set it up, and
connected
>via my Newton using it's Orinoco Silver card.

Do you use a cordless phone (or does your next door neighbor in the apt.
next to yours)? I recall that 802.11b is close to (or overlaps
completely) the same freq. range that some cordless phones use - I think
it's about 2.4GHz, but that could be off on the exact freq. But I do know
that people report problems with interference from some cordless phones.

HTH,

Jim Rohde
Newton newbie-to-be (once my tax refund check gets here)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html