Re: [NTLK] RE. Newton Power Adapter

From: ALAN SHAW (alanshaw_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 14:11:58 PDT

Quoting Laurent Daudelin:

>And considering the models it can fit, I'd be surprised if that
>included space for a keyboard, which did appear only when the 2000
>was released (I think)...

I went and checked my keyboard's box and instructions. While NOS 2.0 is
required, the photo of the Newton in the manual is a 130. So maybe the
case holds a keyboard?

On a related note, those camo cases are described as "Army Issue." The
Army used Newtons? Were they sold under the slogan "Kill Different"? ;)
I know celebrated movie tough-guy Stephen Seagal used a Newton
in "Under Seige 2" but never heard of the actual military using 'em.
You would imagine the platform might have lasted longer if Apple was
getting large orders from the military. Anyone have more info on this?

Alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html